Choosing impressive postgraduate thesis topics: 11 great ideas
An impressive postgraduate thesis topic will depend on a wide range of different things. Firstly, it is important that you have a great deal of interest in the topic that you will be writing about - if you don’t, then it can make it very difficult you to get the motivation to research the topic thoroughly enough; furthermore, the more interested you are in the topic, the more likely you are to be enthusiastic enough to write something that the reader will find interesting.
Another great way of developing good ideas to use as part of your thesis is to look at topics that other people have written about. It may be that you simply look for a range of different titles or, alternatively, you can read through complete papers for a comprehensive idea of what people have written about before. For a quick idea of some topic suggestions, there is a list of 11 great ideas below.
- Compare and contrast the consequences of amputation in the 21st century with the early 20th century and before
- Why did T.S. Eliot say that “April is the cruellest month”?
- “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind” is a famous misquote attributed to Ghandi – what does it teach us about taking revenge?
- “Luke, I am your father” is a famous misquote from the Star Wars franchise – why do people wrongly quote this, and other famous movie misquotes?
- When Julius Caesar utters the famous quote “et tu, Brute”, what had prompted him to say this?
- How do criminals in fact computers with software that captures and identifies keystroke activity?
- Discuss the pros and cons of surgery in comparison with other techniques relating to a medical condition of your choosing
- Discuss the various styles of art that were popular in the 1920s and what link there was between artistic movements and political and social feelings
- Why does it take countries, such as North Korea, such a long time to develop nuclear weapons?
- What do you think Chuck D meant when he said, “I think right about now we have to beware of marketed Malcolms and Martins. Real people do real things“?
- What present-day surgical procedures are being used to help people with partial or total hearing loss?